Happy Mother’s Day to the newest mother I know, Mariko, who welcomed the most adorable little lady (Emiko) into the world less than two weeks ago! I just can’t stop peeking over at their blog to see little Emi’s sweet face.
Yesterday, my boys treated me well. But now it’s Monday morning. So I think making a list of the little things that made yesterday so joyful will help me remember to continue to be joyful for the other 364 days of the year. 🙂
1. A sweet wake up from my happy little nugget at 6:30am. Sleeping in was definitely the plan, but his giggles got the better of me!
2. A 4-mile run around Inner Harbor. Longest run since before I was pregnant (20+ months ago…). Hey there, Endorphins, nice to meet you again.
3. A family walk to the Farmer’s Market. Toby was literally smiling from ear to ear and there was a cute little bounce to his step. He was also doing his proud walk. Dogs are pack animals, and Toby has some serious Pack Pride.
4. Carrot Cake Cupcakes. I could eat you forever.
5. Picnic in Sherwood Gardens. So many beautiful flowers, interspersed with other adorable families picnicking. I have some pretty pictures I’ll post later this week.
6. Scallop & Asparagus Dinner. With a side of Mushroom Spaetzle. Thank you to my personal chef!
7. Her. Watching a movie felt like such a luxurious break from the grind of things lately. And this one is a winner, musically and visually at least, although John and I both had a few beefs with the script.
8. And finally, an 11-month old who simply could not stop laughing. Toby always goes berserk after getting a bath. He sprints around the apartment and rolls around like he’s gone mad. Today, Benjamin witnessed this for the first time and thought it was the most hilarious thing in the world.